An Introduction to The Great Invocation
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth.
From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men -
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
From the centre which we call the race of men
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
(French version of The Great Invocation)
Notes about the Great Invocation: The Great Invocation is a world prayer, translated into over 50 languages and dialects. It is an instrument of power to aid the Plan of God find full expression on Earth. To use it is an act of service to humanity and the Christ. It expresses certain truths which all men innately and normally accept:
- That there exist a basic intelligence to whom we give the name of God.
- That there is a divine evolutionary Plan in the universe - the motivating power of which is love.
- That a great individuality called by the Christians the Christ - the World Teacher - came to Earth and embodied that love so that we could understand that love and intelligence are effects of the purpose, the will and the Plan of God. Many religions believe in a World Teacher, knowing him under such names as Lord Krishna, the Imam Mahdi, and the Messiah.
- The truth that only through humanity itself can the divine plan work out.
By means of invocation, prayer and meditation divine energies can be released and brought into activity. men and women of goodwill of many faiths and nations can join together in world service, bringing spiritual value and strength to a troubled world. men have the power, through focused, united invocation, to affect world events. Knowledge of this fact, scientifically applied, can be one of the great liberating factors within humanity.
No one can use this invocation or prayer for illumination and for love without causing powerful changes in his own attitudes and life intention. "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.: Will you use this Invocation every day, with thought and dedication?
The effect of individual prayer and invocation for light and love can be immeasurably increased when there is conscious recognition and relationship in thought with all who use the Great Invocation daily. many people ask two friends to link up with them each day in the voicing of this world prayer, so that a triangle of lighted relationship is created. The strength of many dedicated individuals and small groups can be focused through the use of this potent Invocation and a "network of light" and love built around the globe.
Suggestions for work
1. Reflect for a few moments every day on the Invocation in an effort to understand its deeper meanings. Then say the Great Invocation with concentration and intention. As you do so, visualize God's Light and Love and Will-to-Good entering the hearts and minds of people everywhere.
2. If you wish to work as a triangle unit, ask two friends to join with you. When using the Invocation unite mentally with them and then visualize this triangle as linked to the network formed by all others engaged in this world service.
REFERENCE: From The Great Invocation leaflet by the World Goodwill; French translation of TGI from Lucis Trust